Being a Chinese Malaysian, we are staying in the Different Culture’s society…
We are here living with Cultures Mixing since hundred years ago.
Malaysia’s culture is marked by the Ancient Malay Culture, the Chinese and the Indians. Myself, I born in Penang, this is a city which is full of the impression of Chinese Cultures. I heard from my parents and grandparents that our grad grand parents came from China to exploit the tin and rubber hundred years ago.
But my family moved and migrated to the Borneo Island which is belongs to another part of Malaysia ~ we call the East Malaysia. And I grew up there in Land Below The Wind call Sabah…
Sabah the beautiful Borneo Island, there are many which live in the forests and coastal areas of Borneo. There are few ethic groups in Sabah ~ Kadazan, Dusun and Murut. They blended together with us and created uniquely diverse heritage for our country.
So here, learn from the Malay Culture ~ SAMBAL
1. 500gm So Choi
2. 25g dried shrimps
3.4 shallots (chopped)
4. 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
5. 3 red Chilies (2 chopped, 1 sliced)
6. 2 bird eye chilies
1. Soak dried shrimps until soft, rinse and drain (Chop Shrimps into small pcs)
2. Grind Chilies and Dried Shrimps into paste.3. Add Seasoning: Salt, Brown Sugar and mix well.
4. Heat 3 tbsp oil and sauté chopped shallots and garlic until fragrant.
5. Add So Choi and stir fry over high heat until cooked.
6. Add fried Dried Shrimps.
7. Dish up…. Garnish with Sliced Chilies … SERVE!